GORI Social Club ("GORI") is a private social networking service for young professional adults to meet each other online on the website operated by GORI and at GORI sponsored events ("Events") by invitation only (collectively the "Service").
- Acceptance of this Agreement
- Electronic Agreement. This Agreement is an electronic contract that sets out the legally binding terms of your use of the Website and the Service. This Agreement may be modified by GORI from time to time, such modifications to be effective upon posting by GORI on the Website. This Agreement includes any notices regarding the Website. By accessing the Website or becoming a Member, you accept This Agreement and agree to the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced herein.
- Electronic Form. By accessing the Website or becoming a Member, you consent to have This Agreement provided to you in electronic form.
- Non-electronic Copy. You have the right to receive This Agreement in non-electronic form. You may request a non-electronic copy of This Agreement either before or after you electronically sign This Agreement. To receive a non-electronic copy of This Agreement, please contact us online or send a letter and self-addressed stamped envelope to: GORI Social Club, Inc. at 244 Fifth Avenue, Suite D-210, New York, NY 10001.
- Withdrawing Your Consent. You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to have This Agreement provided to you in electronic form.
- Effect. Should you choose to withdraw your consent to have This Agreement provided to you in electronic form, we will discontinue your then-current Account ID and password. This means that you will not have the right to use the Service or the Website unless, and until, we issue you a new Account ID and password. We only will issue you a new Account ID and password after we receive a signed copy of a non-electronic version of This Agreement, which we will send to you upon request.
- Notice. To withdraw your consent and/or request a non-electronic copy of This Agreement, please contact us online or send a letter and self-addressed stamped envelope to: GORI Social Club, Inc. at 244 Fifth Avenue, Suite D-210, New York, NY 10001.
- Prospective Nature. Your withdrawal of consent shall be effective within a reasonable time after we receive your withdrawal notice described above. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect the legal validity or enforceability of This Agreement provided to, and electronically signed by, you prior to the effective date of your withdrawal.
- Access and Retention. In order to access and retain this electronic Agreement, you must have access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must use all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. Please print a copy of This Agreement for your records. To retain an electronic copy of This Agreement, you may save it into any word processing program.
In order to be invited to apply to be a Member, you must qualify in EVERY category as follows:
- For a male, be at least Twenty Three (23) years of age and under Thirty Nine (39) years of age and for a female, be at least Twenty One (21) years of age and under Thirty Five (35) years of age
An invitation to apply for membership will not guarantee acceptance as a Member as all applications to be a Member ("Application") will be reviewed and accepted or rejected at the sole and absolute discretion of the management of GORI. By submitting an Application, you are representing and warranting that you meet the above eligibility requirements of GORI. Membership in GORI is void where prohibited by law.
III. Membership Pricing
As a Member, you will pay the following Annual Dues depending on whether you choose to enroll into either the Basic, Premium or VIP Membership.
- Basic Membership: $0.00 to be collected.
- Premium Membership: $120.00 to be collected as a non-refundable semi-annual Dues to be paid at the time you become a Member and every 6 months thereafter; OR $20.00 to be collected Monthly Dues to be paid at the time you become a Member and every 30 days thereafter.
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect for a minimum of 6 months and in the event a Member wishes to terminate or cancel his/her membership, such member shall be subject an early cancellation penalty fee of $120.00. You may terminate your membership, by sending GORI a written notice of termination to GORI Social Club, Inc. at 244 Fifth Avenue, Suite D-210, New York, NY 10001. GORI may terminate your membership by sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your application for membership, or such other email address as you may later provide to GORI. If GORI terminates your membership in the Service because you have breached this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused Annual Dues or Monthly Dues. All decisions regarding the termination of accounts shall be made in the sole discretion of GORI. GORI is not required to provide you notice prior to terminating your membership. GORI is not required, and may be prohibited, from disclosing a reason for the termination of your membership. Even after your membership is terminated, This Agreement will remain in effect. All terms that by their nature may survive termination of This Agreement shall be deemed to survive such termination.
V. Non-commercial Use by Members
The Website is for the personal use of individual Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become Members and should not use the Service or the Website for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including collecting Account IDs and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website may be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. Use of the Services and the Website is with the permission of GORI, which may be revoked at any time, for any reason, in GORI's sole discretion.
VI. Account Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Account ID and password that you designate during the Registration process, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account ID and password. You agree to (a) immediately notify GORI of any unauthorized use of your Account ID or password or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. GORI will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. If you share your computer with others, you may wish to consider disabling your auto-sign in feature.
VII. Limitation of GORI's Liability with respect to your Interactions with Other Members via the Website or via the Service including but not limited to any Events or by way of GORI +2.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. You understand that GORI does not in any way screen its Members, nor does GORI inquire into the backgrounds of its Members or attempt to verify the statements of its Members other than facilitate the disclosure of each Member's interests as stated by that particular individual Member. GORI makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Members or their compatibility with any current or future Members. In no event shall GORI be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service and/or the Website, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this Service and/or the Website or persons you meet through this Service and/or the Website. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other Members of the Service, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person. You understand that GORI makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the Service and/or the Website. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information) to other Members.
VIII. Content on the Website
- Proprietary Rights. GORI owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service. The Website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of GORI, and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
- Reliance on Content, Advice, Etc. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Website, but not directly by GORI, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. GORI does not:
- guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Website or
- adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party that appears on the Website. Under no circumstances will GORI or its affiliates be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on the Website or transmitted to or by any Members.
IX. Content Posted by You on the Website
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Website, or transmit to other Members. You will not post on the Website, or transmit to other Members, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to the Company or to any other Member. If information provided to GORI, or another Member, subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify GORI of such change.
- You understand and agree that GORI may review and delete any content, messages, double-blind emails, photos or profiles (collectively, "Content"), in each case in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of GORI violate This Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Members.
- By posting Content to any public area of the Website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to GORI, its affiliates, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You further represent and warrant that public posting and use of your content by GORI will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. GORI reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Website and terminating the membership of such violators. It includes, but is not limited to, Content that:
- Is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person
- Involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming"
- Promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files
- Contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page)
- Provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses
- Solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users
- and Engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
- Your use of the Service and/or the Website, including but not limited to the Content you post on the Website, must be in accordance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You may not include in your Member profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, URLs or email addresses.
- You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members. This includes but is not limited to solicitation or advertising to buy or sell any products or services through the Service and/or the Website or to attend any Events for commercial purposes. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although GORI cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Website, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service and/or the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, we reserve the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
- All information you include in your Member profile must be accurate, current and complete.
X. Prohibited Activities.
GORI reserves the right to investigate and terminate your membership if you have misused the Service and/or the Website, or behaved in a way which could be regarded as inappropriate or whose conduct is unlawful or illegal. The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Service:
- You will not impersonate any person or entity.
- You will not "stalk" or otherwise harass any person.
- You will not express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by GORI without our specific prior written consent.
- You will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine", or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
- You will not post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on the Website.
- You will not interfere with or disrupt the Service or the Website or the servers or networks connected to the Website.
- You will not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Service.
- You will not "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Service or the Website, without GORI's prior written authorization. You also shall not use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to GORI or the Website in order to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose.
- You will not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service or the Website or any software used on or for the Service or cause others to do so.
XI. Customer Service
GORI provides assistance and guidance through its Network Planners and Network Managers. When communicating with our Network Managers and Network Planners, you may not to be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexist, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or otherwise behave inappropriately. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our Network Managers and Network Planners, or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your membership and you will not be entitled to any refund of unused Annual Dues and Monthly Dues and you may be subject to prosecution.
XII. Charges on Your Billing Account
- General. GORI bills you through an online account (your "Billing Account") for the Annual Dues and Monthly Dues. You agree to pay GORI all charges at the prices then in effect for membership dues, and you authorize GORI to charge your chosen payment provider (your "Payment Method") for the membership dues. You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. GORI reserves the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
- Recurring Billing. By entering into This Agreement, you acknowledge that your membership has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. GORI MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES (E.G., MONTHLY DUES) WITHOUT FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (CONFIRMED IN WRITING UPON REQUEST BY GORI) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE GORI REASONABLY COULD ACT.
- Current Information Required. YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY GORI IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT ID OR PASSWORD. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE GORI ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT GORI MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR MEMBERSHIP DUES UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
- Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method (the "Payment Method Provider"). If GORI does not receive payment from your Payment Method Provider, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
- Change in Amount Authorized. If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the amount you preauthorized (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of state sales taxes), you have the right to receive, and GORI shall provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge at least 10 days before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your Payment Method Provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that GORI may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.
- Auto-renewal. Your GORI membership will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the membership term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional subscription rate.
- Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of the Service and/or the Website reaffirms that GORI is authorized to charge your Payment Method. GORI may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive GORI's right to seek payment directly from you.
- Promotions. Any promotion that provides discounted membership dues must be used within the specified time of the promotion.
XIII. Modifications to the Service and/or the Website
GORI reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service or the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that GORI shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service and/or the Website.
XIV. Blocking of IP Addresses
In order to protect the integrity of the Website, GORI reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block Members from certain IP addresses from accessing the Website.
XV. Copyright Policy
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website
- your address, telephone number, and email address
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. GORI's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: GORI Social Club, Inc. at 244 Fifth Avenue, Suite D-210, New York, NY 10001.
XVI. Member Disputes
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other GORI Members. GORI reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
GORI is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the Website, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service or the Website. GORI is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member. GORI assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications. GORI is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Website and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will GORI or any of its affiliates, advertisers, promoters or distribution partners be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Website or the Service, any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline. The Website and the Service are provided "AS-IS" and GORI expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. GORI cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Service and/or the Website.
In addition to the preceding paragraph and other provisions of This Agreement, any advice that may be posted on the Website is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, or other advice. GORI makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Website. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist. XVIII. Links. The Website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because GORI has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that GORI is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that GORI shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. XIX. Limitation on Liability. Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will GORI be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the Service or the Website, even if GORI has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, GORI's liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to GORI for the membership during the term of membership.
XX. U.S. Export Controls
Software from the Website (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Website or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
XXI. Jurisdiction and Choice of Law
If there is any dispute arising out of the Service and/or the Website, by using the Website, you expressly agree that any such dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and you expressly agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of New York, in New York County, for the resolution of any such dispute.
XXII. Indemnity by You
You agree to indemnify and hold GORI, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service and/or the Website in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of This Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
XXIII. No Third Party Beneficiaries
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in This Agreement, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to This Agreement.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and GORI regarding the use of the Service and/or the Website. If any provision of This Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of This Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Please contact us with any questions regarding This Agreement. GORI is a trademark/servicemark of GORI Social Club, Inc.